Ogden Battery & Energy Storage
While batteries have long been used on a smaller scale to power electronics, many are turning to them to reduce their dependence on traditional energy sources like fossil fuels. New battery technologies have made it so energy storage systems can sufficiently power homes for a long time, which can be helpful in the event of a power outage. If you’re interested in converting to battery storage, J.C. Electric can help you make the necessary adjustments.
Call (801) 905-8002 or complete our online contact form to get more information on our battery and energy storage services in Ogden. We offer free estimates.
A+ Customer Service! The estimator was professional and made me feel like he was looking out for mybest interest.- Ma M
JC Electric was awesome! They gave us the best price the same day they looked at the work we needed done.- Newell M.
Old home gets Modern upgrade finally! I live in a unique, but old home. I love that they were able to help bring the modern necessity of having an electric car charger to my driveway.- Natalee S.
What Is Battery Storage and Is It Right for Me?
Battery storage is a technology that allows you to store energy for use when you need it, such as during power surges or when renewable energy sources aren’t providing sufficient power. Homeowners who have battery storage systems often also have solar panel systems and use them together so they always have plenty of energy on reserve for power outages.
If you’re wondering if you really need battery storage, consider the following questions:
- Does your area rely heavily on solar, hydroelectric, or wind energy—all of which are not available all the time?
- Do you own solar panels and wish to store generated energy to use later?
- Does your local power company have frequent electricity shutdowns to conserve energy during hot days or when wind conditions threaten power lines?
- Does your area have frequent severe weather issues resulting in power outages?
All these issues present valid reasons to invest in battery storage systems.
Benefits of Battery or Energy Storage Systems
- Having backup power: Much like a generator, battery storage reserves can provide backup power for your essential devices and appliances in the event of a prolonged power outage due to weather conditions and other circumstances like accidents that affect powerlines. Essential items like medical equipment, refrigerators, HVAC systems, lights won’t lose power when you have backup storage available.
- Lower your energy bills: By using battery storage systems, you can greatly reduce your dependency on traditional energy and save money by using less energy from the power grid. This often means a lower monthly electricity bill.
- Help the environment: Aside from financial benefits, many who use battery storage do so to be more “green.” Battery power is clean energy and thus reduces emissions and the demand from fossil fuel-dependent power grids.
- Use more solar energy: If you have solar panels installed, a battery storage system can store any excess energy generated by your panels during the day for use at nighttime.
Hire a Reputable Battery Storage Electrician in Northern Utah
Installing a home battery storage system can be a complicated job that we don’t recommend doing yourself. The battery system has to be connected to your home’s electrical panels and properly mounted so it is not an obstruction or eyesore. A critical load panel is also needed to safely monitor usage in the event of emergencies, and building codes and permits are required for legal installation. All these are ample reasons you should leave a task like this to professionals. Our certified electricians have installed systems for hundreds of homes and can easily do the same for you.
Call J.C. Electric today at (801) 905-8002 to schedule a free estimate for battery storage panel installation in Ogden. We offer financing options through Synchrony for approved customers.