Outlets & Switches in Ogden
Outlet Repair & Installation Services in Northern Utah
When you need services for your electrical outlets and switches, trust your local electrician experts at J.C. Electric. We are dedicated to serving our customers with reliable repairs and installations while providing upfront pricing and flexible scheduling. When we send our team of professional, insured, licensed, and certified technicians to your doorstep, you can rest assured that we will fix your problems quickly and correctly, while making safety our highest priority. Since 1978, we’ve been a mainstay in Ogden and have developed strong relationships with our commercial and residential customers because they know how much we aim to please.
If you need assistance with your switches or outlets, give us a call at (801) 905-8002 or use our convenient online form to schedule a visit from one of our experienced electricians.
A+ Customer Service! The estimator was professional and made me feel like he was looking out for mybest interest.- Ma M
JC Electric was awesome! They gave us the best price the same day they looked at the work we needed done.- Newell M.
Old home gets Modern upgrade finally! I live in a unique, but old home. I love that they were able to help bring the modern necessity of having an electric car charger to my driveway.- Natalee S.
When Should I Replace My Electrical Outlets & Switches?
If you’ve discovered that your electrical outlets or switches are faulty or not working like they normally do, it may be time to contact an electrician to make a repair or upgrade. A failing outlet or switch should be addressed ASAP to prevent risk of electrocution or fire. Unfortunately, some people may not notice an issue right away. By being aware of the signs of a faulty outlet or switch, you can promptly make a call to a professional.
Call J.C. Electric if you notice any of the following issues:
- Sparks coming from your outlet — If an outlet sparks or smokes when you plug in an appliance, this is a clear sign something is amiss. It may be due to moisture or a short circuit. Sparking outlets can potentially cause fires, so it’s best to immediately call an electrician.
- Your switch is delayed or isn’t working at all – If you flip on your switch and nothing happens or it takes a few seconds to kick on, chances are your switch is worn out and needs to be replaced.
- Cracked outlet plates — When an outlet’s cover plates crack, wires can become exposed, which presents a shock risk and fire hazard. When this happens, do not use the outlet until it can be replaced.
- Unusual noises – Weird noise coming from your outlet or when you flip on a switch is a sign that it needs replacement or repair. If you hear hissing, a pop, or crackling, this means that live electricity is arcing, which can be potentially dangerous.
- Blackened or warm outlets — If you touch your switch or outlet and feel heat or it has been discolored, this could mean a wiring issue or an excessive amount of voltage. This warrants professional attention to prevent a possible fire.
If your outlets and switches demonstrate any of the signs described above, don’t try to troubleshoot the problem yourself. Call J.C. Electric as soon as possible. Our licensed electricians know how to resolve such problems quickly and safely so no one is harmed.
Your Specialists for Outlet & Switch Repairs and Replacements in Ogden
When you need to replace faulty outlets or switches, or make upgrades or additions, there are plenty of options to choose from. Our professional electricians can design, install, service, and repair all sorts of switch and outlet types while maintaining the highest industry safety standards.
We can install the following:
- GFCI or AFCI outlets
- USB or smart outlets
- Dimmer switches
- Motion sensor switches
- Time-delay switches
- Outlet and switch combinations
Make your appointment for a free estimate by calling (801) 905-8002 or completing our online form!